I’ve been craving some serious sweets lately && have let myself succumb to the desire and temptations, making me feel completely guilty and a terrible mommy. I’ve still been eating healthy && getting in some serious fresh foods, but my cravings for sweets are no joke. I really, really hope that goes away after little man arrives, or that I will at least be able to have the willpower to say “no” again!
On that note, today I did a little experimenting in the kitchen with Bob’s Red Mill Chai Protein Powder. It led me to making some Gluten-Free Banana Chai Protein Muffins.
- 1 2/3 cup oatmeal
- 1 scoop Bob’sRed Mill Chai protein powder (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 small or medium very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup nonfat vanilla greek yogurt
- 2 large egg whites (or 1 egg)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl whisk together oat bran, protein powder, baking powder and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix mashed banana, applesauce, greek yogurt, egg whites, and vanilla together until well combined and smooth. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Let batter sit two minutes to thicken a bit. Divide batter evenly into 12 muffin cups and bake 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes, then remove muffins from tin and place on wire rack to cool completely.
- Muffins are best served warm with your favorite spread. Feel free to add in chocolate chips, berries, or nuts to the batter!
They are not by any means sweet muffins like Dunkin or Starbucks, but that was partially what I was going for. Something I could eat for breakfast or pre-workout && not feel heavy and too sweet. I just needed something to curve this crazy sweet tooth of mine. I can’t lie and say I won’t try it with PB or Nutella tomorrow, though! 🙂
Thank you to the ladies at SweatPink and Bob’s Red Mill for hooking me up with the protein powder && allowing me the chance to experiment with the product! ❤ For a coupon to try Bob’s Red Mill Protein Powder head on over to this link: COUPON!